Your privacy and the privacy of all users of Extrafuel are of the highest priority to us. This privacy statement explains what information we gather from you, how it may be used by us and how it is protected. If you have any questions, please contact us directly.
If you request information from Extrafuel through any of our e-mail addresses or Contact Forms, we use the information you submit to fulfill your requests (such as sending informational materials, responding to specific inquiries or adding names to our opt-in e-mail newsletters) but we also may use information in connection with internal marketing and sales initiatives. This information is used for business contacts only.
We do not otherwise sell, rent, exchange or disclose our client lists or information about our web site users, except to the limited extent necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of our company, our clients, or others or to comply with applicable law or if we are acquired and client information or information about our web site users is a transferred asset.
To make your shopping experience with us as effective as possible we use sessions to record your browser activity and update the shopping cart throughout the process. The session will allow us to update the cart, your order and generate invoices automatically. Upon leaving the site, the session will expire.
It is IMPORTANT to know that disabling of cookies or adjustment of your browser will have a negative impact of your use on this website (in the logged in areas). You can order LPG, settle invoices and use the referral system as long as cookies are enabled. These have absolutely NO negative impact on you as a user.
FRAUD PROTECTION SYSTEM
Fraudulent credit card use degrades the quality of the service we offer our customers. We track all shopper IP address as one part of our fraud detection procedure. This is to ensure shoppers are who they say they are. Suspect orders will be dealt with swiftly and politely. This active participation in preventing fraud ensures we continue to offer the best products and services at the best possible price.
COOKIES AND HOW THEY BENEFIT YOU
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you would expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site (assuming you do not log out!)
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
MORE ABOUT OUR COOKIES
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
SOCIAL WEBSITE COOKIES
So you can easily Like or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
- AddThis - provides us with lots of sharing buttons all in one neat package
- Analytics by Google - allows us to see where our traffic is coming from and via which routes
- Adverts run by Extra Gas (home page offers, client area offers). We use a 'session cookie' which is ONLY in use while you are on our website. This session cookie is set to avoid you seeing annoying popups, once you have read the offer/message and closed it.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
ANONYMOUS VISITOR STATISTICS COOKIES
We use: Google Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.